Chinese Language Program
CUG has a long history of teaching Chinese as a foreign language. Over the past 60 years, CUG International Education College (IEC) has formed distinct characteristics and advantages in teaching Chinese as a foreign language. With experienced professional teachers as well as the assistance of advanced multi-media resources, CUG-IEC has established well-developed talent training programs and administration system.
IEC also combines Chinese language courses and culture courses, and has set up a series of selective courses as well as plenty of extra-curriculum activities. At the same time, CUG-IEC also offers all kinds of short term Chinese courses and summer (winter) camps in order to provide a variety of education approaches for overseas students. We accept registration for Chinese short-term courses all the year round.
■Every Semester: 20 weeks, Classes on weekdays (from Monday to Friday)
- Spring Semester: March till July（20 weeks）
- Fall Semester: September till January（20 weeks）
■ Class Hours：
- Compulsory Course (540 hours every semester)
- Selective Course (40 hours/course)
- Chinese Comprehensive Course (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced levels)
- Chinese Listening Course (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced levels)
- Chinese Speaking Course (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced levels)
- Chinese Writing Course (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced levels)
- Chinese Reading Course (Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced levels)
- HSK Intensive Training Course and so on
■Selective Course：at least 17 courses available every semester
Series of Chinese textbooks published by Beijing Language and Culture University Press
Program Duration: 1 semester / 1year
Applicants must be nonChinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, over the age of 18 and under the age of 40, and have earned a high school diploma or higher.
1. Register and submit online application at http://admission.cug.edu.cn/
2. Upload all the required documents, download and print out the application form after completing online application.
3. Send the required application documents to the university.
Wait for the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form.
2.One photocopy of passport.
3. One photocopy of highest diploma certificate.
4. HSK certificate or official transcripts of Chinese language training(if available).
All the documents should be in Chinese or English. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be translated and notarized.