Senior Scholar Programs
Senior Scholar Program
The program lasts one year. Students must have at least a master's degree. Senior Visiting Scholar students are typically supervised by a professor to conduct research in a specific field. Upon graduation, the student will receive a certificate of achievement. The student may be considered for an extension of the duration of study upon request.
All majors are available for application. For list of majors, please refer to "Bachelor's programs" "Master's Programs" and "Doctoral Programs".
Program Duration: 1 year
Applicants must be nonChinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, under the age of 50, and have earned a master’s degree or be an associate professor.
1. Register and submit online application at http://admission.cug.edu.cn/
2. Upload all the required documents, download and print out the application form after completing online application.
3. Send the required application documents to the university.
4. Wait for the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form.
1.One Application Form download from online application system with signature of the applicant.
2.One photocopy of a valid passport (personal information page).
3.One photocopy of highest diploma certificate (for senior scholar).
4.One photocopy of the corresponding academic transcripts.
5.One study plan or research proposal.
6.One collection of the abstracts of academic publications and any other original achievement.
7. HSK result or English language certificate (if available).
8.Additional documents (such as physical examination form) may also be required by CUG.
1. All the documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of 1 to 8. No application documents will be returned.
2. All the documents should be in Chinese or English. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be translated and notarized.