Doctoral Degree Programs
Applicants must be nonChinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, under the age of 40 and have earned a master’s degree.
Chinese-taught Programs: HSK 4 or above
Applicants with sufficient knowledge of English for academic purposes are preferred, which can be proved by the certificates such as TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other officially recognized language certificate.
1. Register and submit online application at http://admission.cug.edu.cn/
2. Upload all the required documents, download and print out the application form after completing online application.
3. Send the required application documents to the university.
4. Wait for the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form.
1.One Application Form download from online application system with signature of the applicant.
2.One photocopy of a valid passport (personal information page).
3.One photocopy of highest diploma certificate. Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date
4.One photocopy of the corresponding academic transcripts.
5.One study plan or research proposal (1500 words).
6.Two recommendation letters in Chinese or English, each from a professor or associate professor.
7. Additional documents such as awards, certificates, publications, physical exam results.
List of Available Doctoral Degree Majors
Ideological and Political Education
Planetary Geology and Comparative Planetology
Material Science and Engineering
Surveying Science and Technology
Resources Industrial Economy
Remote Sensing of Resource and Environment
Geosciences Information Engineering
Geological Equipment Engineering
Control and System engineering
Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
Environmental Science and Engineering
Resources and Environmental Chemistry
Environmental Planning and Design
Management Science and Engineering
Management of Land Resources