CUG International Freshman Scholarship
To encourage and support outstanding international students to pursue a four-year Bachelor’s Degree study in China university of Geosciences (Wuhan), CUG has established a International Freshman Scholarship program.
All international students who intend to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in CUG.
Types of Scholarship
Amount of Scholarship
the first academic year’s tuition of the major study
22000 RMB per student
All undergraduate programs in CUG
the first academic year’s on-campus accommodation of the major study
8400 RMB per student
All undergraduate programs in CUG
*Note: Scholarship Type A only covers a student’s tuition fee for the first academic year of undergraduate study, but none including lodging, living stipend nor others; Scholarship Type B only covers a student’ on-campus accommodation for the first academic year of undergraduate study, but non including tuition, living stipend nor others.
1. Program Duration: the Bachelor’s Degree program lasts 4 years. Students are required to complete all courses, obtain the designed number of credits and pass their thesis defenses;
2. Medium of Instruction: Chinese (only the major “Telecommunication Engineering” can be taught in English);
3. Time for Enrollment: September, 2016.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, be over the age of 18 and under the age of 25, and have obtained a senior high school diploma;
2. Have a positive attitude towards study and have a good academic rating;
3. HSK level 4 or above;
4. No recipient of any other scholarships at the same time.
How to Apply
1. Online Registration: please register and apply through online application platform of CUG (http://admission.cug.edu.cn/), fill out personal information and upload a photocopy of passport, senior high school diploma, academic transcripts in senior high school, one study plan, and any other documents worthy to application.
2. Submit Application Documents: After completing online registration and documents preparation, please send all application documents to Admission Office of International Education College of CUG. Whether admitted or not, no application documents submitted by applicants will be returned.
Deadline of application: July 10, 2016
① One completed copy of the application form downloaded from the online application system and scanned with your signature and attached photograph;
② One photocopy of a valid passport (personal information page);
③ One senior high school graduation certificate (students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date) must be original documents or certified copies either in Chinese or English;
④ One copy of the corresponding academic transcripts (original or notarized photocopies), and academic transcripts in language other than Chinese or English must be translated and notarized;
⑤ One photocopy of HSK result;
⑥ One study plan in at least 300 words in Chinese or English;
⑦“Physical Examination Record for Foreigners” (printed by Chinese quarantine authority), the template can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua;
⑧Other additional documents such as awards, recommendation letters.
Admission and Enrollment
1. In late July, International Education College and representatives from faculties and departments will determine the final results of the admission according to the application documents students submit and telephone/video interviews.
2. In August, the successful applicants will receive Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW202) from the university. They need apply for entry visa (X visa) from the Chinese Embassy with Admission Notice, JW202, and Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.
3. In early September, students should register to the Admission Office of International Education College of CUG as required in the Admission Notice. Students who can’t register on time for some reasons have to ask for leave from CUG ahead of time. For students who fail to register within the period without good cause, their scholarship admission will be canceled.